Taking The Next Step In Your Life
October 15, 2013, 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Shift Your Life: Saying YES to the Next Step in Your Life
“Two caterpillars were crawling along a tree branch one day when a butterfly flew overhead. One caterpillar said to the other, ‘You will never get me up in one of those things’.” From Shift Happens!
Robert Holden will talk about the people, the principles, and the practices that have changed his life in an intimate evening following his appearance on the PBS Special Shift Happens!.
Throughout the evening, Robert will talk about how he met his first spiritual teacher when 18 years old. He’ll share his early experiences with The Happiness Project, founded in the early 1990s on the National Health Service in the UK. He’ll reflect on his work with Success Intelligence (founded in 2000) and with clients like Dove and The Real Beauty Campaign. He’ll also talk about his Loveability program (founded in 2006), which explores the psychology and spirituality of love.
In his inimitable style, Robert will mix storytelling, inquiries, meditations, poetry and music in a way that is inspiring and entertaining. There will also be plenty of time to ask Robert questions.
Key themes Robert will cover include:
- Everyone’s a Philosopher
- Chanting the Om - Meeting my first spiritual teacher, travels to India, and coming home to miracles.
- Being British and Happy! - Stories from the early days of setting up The Happiness Project.
- Miracle of Self-Acceptance - My 30th birthday, and the day I gave up self-improvement.
- Happiness NOW! - The inner shift that changed my relationship to happiness.
- Monty Python and Success - Meditating on the question “What is success?” with the help of Monty Python.
- When Oprah called - And what happened next.
- Meeting Louise Hay - What Louise said to me, and what I tell my children everyday.